Welcome to the Hong Kong Legal Exchange Foundation* “the Foundation” website.
We position ourselves as a mutual legal exchange platform for Hong Kong and Australian Lawyers to better understand the law of, and the legal instrumentalities in, the Mainland China, as well as providing a legal perspective in current affairs issues.
The Foundation has the following objectives:
(1) To organize, to facilitate, to promote and to advance mutual legal exchange between:
(a) Judicial officers;
(b) legal practitioners;
(c) legal academics; and
(d) law graduates
from the Mainland China, Australia and the HKSAR.
(2) To participate in the Annual Mainland-Hong Kong-Macau-Taiwan Legal Symposium led by the China Law Society;
(3) To participate in the China Study Course hosted by Mainland government institutions or Mainland universities designated for Hong Kong lawyers;
(4) To organize accredited Continuous Professional Development courses for Hong Kong solicitors;
(5) To facilitate legal exchange with Hong Kong and the Mainland law enforcement agencies;
(6) To engage in exchange of legal opinion and views with Mainland and or the Hong Kong SAR government organizations.
(7) To educate the public of the legal perspective of current affairs issues.
The Foundation has an Executive Council which steer the Foundation in the right direction, with the objective set firmly in mind. It determines what activities to be organized for each year and to allocate and apportion resources to these activities. The Executive Council has to raise sufficient funding each year for the purpose of supporting forthcoming activities and the Foundation is backed by a company limited by guarantee with a tax exemption status (application pending) to those who donate financially to our causes.
We have an Advisory Board and reputable individuals with a legal background are invited to be on our consultants. Guidelines have been developed to calibre the achievement of individuals and in accordance with those guidelines consultancy is offered. Amongst our consultants, we have politicians, legal academics and senior legal practitioners from all of Mainland China, Australia and the HKSAR. We constantly update our website to keep viewers informed of our recent announcement as well as our past activities.
There is an interactive form in the Membership Section for those who has interest to join and may I wish you all to take pleasure in viewing this website.
Chairman of Hong Kong Legal Exchange Foundation Ltd
* NOTE: Predecessor China Australia Legal Exchange Foundation had its name changed effective from 1 January 2018.